A LONG TIME AGO ON VERONICA MARS:
- Veronica has choices to make! NYC or Neptune? Lawyering or detectiving? Piz or Logan? Try to guess, go on, guess.
- Armed with her favourite tools, a bug, a long lens and a taser, Veronica closes in on Carrie’s murderer...
- ...And it’s not any of the candidates you thought it might be in the first half of the movie - it’s the guy you barely saw at all, Cobb! Who? Cobb! You remember Cobb.
- The death toll rises - Deputy Sacks, Gia, possibly a cat - and our beloved Keith ends up in ICU.
- Sheriff Dan Lamb is happy to frame Logan, doesn’t want to catch the real killer, and plants a gun in Weevil’s hand to make it look like Celeste shot him in self-defence. Veronica can’t resist getting her teeth into all that Neptune corruption.
Join Jenny Owen Youngs and Helen Zaltzman to investigate the second half of Veronica Mars: the 2014 movie, and delve into such mysteries as how long Pizvonica have been a thing, why Sweaty Luke is just there for some kind of gross 1950s-style plot, and whether these kids ever needed to cover up Susan's death at all, but especially after the statute of limitations has elapsed.
Content note: Veronica Mars contains heavy themes, and this episode includes storylines concerning murder, violence, addiction and car crashes.
For more about this episode, and to read the transcript, visit the podcast’s official site http://VMIpod.com/movie2.
This episode was edited and mixed by Helen Zaltzman; the music is by Martin Austwick and Jenny Owen Youngs. Lo Dodds brings us the LoDown.
Find the show @VMIpod on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook - over on our Twitter, Mars Madness 2021 is in full swing, so cast your votes for the ultimate in the Marsverse!
Support the show: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWQYZDRGZUGH8&source=url
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.