My guest for this first episode is Dr. Sara Goldrick-Rab, Professor of Higher Education Policy & Sociology at Temple University, author of Paying the Price: College Costs, Financial Aid, and the Betrayal of the American Dream. On this episode we discuss:
- Why has paying for college become such a problem?
- Which students are most impacted by needs insecurity and why don’t students tell their stories of struggle?
- How is the current financial aid system broken, and what are some solutions?
- How can students avoid getting into debt without getting a degree?
- Advice for students currently applying
- A really specific way that you, dear listener, can make a difference.
Paying the Price: College Costs, Financial Aid, and the Betrayal of the American Dream